Intense Northern White Beans and Mushrooms
Olive Oil - 1 TB
Onions - 1 medium, diced (about 3/4 cup)
Fresh mushrooms - sliced, 8 ounces
salt - 1/4 teaspoon
garlic - 1 clove, minced
thyme - ground, 1/4 teaspoon
basil - 1/4 teaspoon
tarragon - 1/4 teaspoon
black pepper - 1/8 tsp
Soy sauce - 2 Tablespoons
Northern White Beans - 15.5 ounce can, lightly drained
small or medium egg noodles - cooked
Servings - 4 - 6
1. Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet and add olive oil to heat.
2. Add diced onions and lightly sauté until semi-soft.
3. Add mushrooms and salt to the onions , stir, cover and place on
medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until mushrooms
begin to soften.
4. Add garlic, thyme, basil, tarragon, black pepper,
soy sauce and white
beans and stir well to combine ingredients. Cover and stir well
occasionally until heated thoroughly.
5. - To serve: Either spoon the Intense Northern White
Mushrooms directly over the cooked egg noodles, or toss them with the
cooked egg noodles in a large bowl.
6. - Serve with baked sweet potatoes and garden salad and crusty bread.
This is a very flavorful combination and although there is not a lot
of "liquid" - the intensity of what's there is more than enough to
flavor the entire dish; and it's even better the second day!