Strawberry Lemonade Pie
3/4 cup water
1 small pkg lemon gelatin
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups heavy cream (whipping cream)
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 Graham Cracker pie crust
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup water
1 small pkg strawberry gelatin
2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
1. Bring 3/4 cup water to a boil and add lemon gelatin. Remove from heat and
stir until dissolved. Place in freezer 10 minutes to chill.
2. Remove from freezer and add cream cheese, mixing on high with a mixer for 1
minute. Place in refrigerator 10 minutes.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat whipping cream and confectioner's sugar until soft
peaks form. Remove gelatin mixture from refrigerator and add all whipped cream
except about 3/4 cup (reserved for garnish).
4. Gently fold whipped cream into the lemon mixture until well combined, but do
not over-mix. Pour into graham cracker crust and refrigerate until next steps
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to remaining whipped cream and beat until stiff
peaks form. Chill
6. Bring 3/4 cups water to a boil and add strawberry gelatin. Remove from heat
and stir until dissolved. Chill in freezer 20 minutes and add 2 cups sliced
strawberries. Stir to coat well.
7. Check to see if lemon filling is semi-set. If it is, gently ladle strawberry
mixture over the entire top of the pie and top with remaining whipped cream in
the center. If not, allow all to chill until pie is semi-set (will be slightly
firm) and add strawberries and cream.
8. Chill, covered, in refrigerator at least an additional 30 minutes before