Layered Pear Cream Cheese Mold
1 can (16 ounces) pear halves, undrained
1 package (8-serving size) or 2 packages (4-serving size) lime Jell-O
1-1/2 cups cold ginger ale or water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Drain pears, reserving liquid.
2. Dice pears.
3. Set aside.
4. Add water to liquid to make 1-1/2 cups.
5. Bring to boil in small saucepan.
6. Stir boiling liquid into gelatin in large bowl at least 2
minutes until completely dissolved.
7. Stir in cold ginger ale and lemon juice.
8. Reserve 2-1/2 cups gelatin at room temperature.
9. Pour remaining gelatin into 5-cup mold.
10.Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until thickened (spoon drawn
through leaves definite impression).
11.Arrange about 1/2 cup of the diced pears in thickened gelatin in
12.Stir reserved 2-1/2 cups gelatin gradually into cream cheese in
large bowl with wire whisk until smooth.
13.Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened
(consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
14.Stir in remaining diced pears and pecans.
15.Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.
16.Refrigerate 4 hour or until firm.
18.Garnish as desired.