Dreamsicle Gelato Cups
3/4 cup water
1 small pkg orange flavored gelatin
1/2 cup crushed ice
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 quarts whipping cream, well-chilled
2 tbsp. Mexican Vanilla
1 tbsp. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
1 quart cold milk (optional)
4 cups crushed lemon cooler cookies
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
baking spray or vegetable oil
1. Bring 3/4 cups water to a boil, add gelatin and remove from heat.
completely dissolved. Stir in crushed ice until melted and place
in freezer to speed cooling while going to next step.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, sweetened condensed milk, cream
vanilla. Mix on high for 2 minutes. Add chilled gelatin and mix an
3. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer and add milk (if desired).* Adding milk
makes a lighter gelato and yields more servings.
4. Freeze the mixture according to your ice cream freezer directions.
5. When freezer cycle is complete, remove canister and place in freezer 2 hours.
6. While gelato is freezing, combine crushed cookies, butter and sugar and mix
well. Spray a 12-muffin tin or 12 mini pie pans with baking spray and press cookie
mixture in bottom and around sides.
7. Remove crusts by covering pan with cookie sheet and inverting. Carefully
crusts upright onto dessert plates or serving platter.
8. Using ice cream scoop or round spoon, scrape gelato until a 2 1/2 inch
is formed. Place 1 scoop into each crust and garnish with a double mint leaf.
Serve immediately or freeze until
Serves 12 (minimum)
* If an ice cream freezer is not available, gelato can be poured into a large
and frozen in the freezer. If doing this, it is best to stir/scrape it occasionally
while freezing to reach the