Broccoli Crème Supreme
2 lbs broccoli, florets, coarsely chopped
6 slices applewood smoked bacon, chopped and fried crisp
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup flour
2 cups grated extra sharp cheese
2 tbsp Chardonnay
1 (24 oz) carton cottage cheese
1 tsp each, salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 eggs, slightly beaten
6 slices applewood smoked bacon, chopped
1 (11 oz) can whole corn, drained
1. Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until done, about 5 minutes.
Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Transfer broccoli
to large bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12x8" baking dish with nonstick
3. In medium sized skillet, cook bacon pieces until crisp, remove with
slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1
tbsp bacon fat in skillet.
4. Return skillet to stove and cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in flour, next stir in Chardonnay. Transfer mixture to bowl with
broccoli, toss in all remaining ingredients.
5. Spread vegetable mixture evenly in baking dish and place in hot oven
to bake for 40 minutes.
Makes 8 servings