Sloppy Joe Casserole
1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 (15.5-oz.) can sloppy Joe sandwich sauce
1 1/2 cups frozen Corn
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
2 cups mashed potato flakes
1/4 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
2 oz. (1/2 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 325°F. In large skillet, brown ground beef,
onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat until beef is
thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
2. Add sandwich sauce and corn; mix well. Reduce heat; simmer
4 to 6 minutes or until thoroughly heated and corn is crisp-tender,
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, bring water and garlic salt
to a boil. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in potato flakes
until well blended. Add sour cream and egg; mix well.
4. Spoon beef mixture into ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole.
Spoon potato mixture in circle around edges of casserole. Sprinkle
potatoes with cheese.
5. Bake at 325°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are set.
If desired, sprinkle potatoes with chopped fresh parsley.