PASTA AND ZUCCHINI FRITTATA
Makes 4-6 servings
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 cups thinly sliced zucchini
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 large eggs
2 cups cooked angel hair pasta, divided
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (your own or a favorite bottled variety), heated
Optional garnish: Fresh basil leaves
1. In a 10-inch nonstick skillet with an oven safe handle, heat 2 tablespoons
oil on medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onions and sauté just until soft,
about 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs with fork; stir in sautéed vegetable
mixture, cooked pasta, cheeses, and Italian seasoning.
3. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high heat until hot.
Add egg mixture, spreading evenly over bottom of pan. Cook until bottom of
mixture is golden, shaking pan often to avoid sticking, about 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, place rack in center of oven; preheat broiler, according to
manufacturer's directions. Place pan on rack in oven and bake until top is
golden brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Carefully slide frittata onto large serving plate, and cut into wedges.
Spoon some of the heated sauce around wedges, and pass rest to add as
desired. Garnish each with basil leaves, if desired.
Note: The dish is good for a quick supper or for a leisurely brunch.